APHRC seeks Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Officer who will support the
corporate Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) function. S/he will also support an upcoming project
on scaling sexual and reproductive health (SRH) solutions, where the Center will be providing
Monitoring and Evaluation oversight and conducting policy implementation reviews and
Application deadline: 13th October, 2021
a) Corporate Monitoring and Evaluation
Conduct routine data collection and entry for the Strategic Plan indicators;
Ensure complete, accurate, clean and consistent data is collected, shared for analysis, and
Support the development of quarterly and annual monitoring and evaluation performance
Continuously enter data to ensure that data in the corporate M&E Platform (DHIS2) is up to
date, analyze and aggregate the progress on data visualizations;
Support in the development and maintenance of the M&E platform;
Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports,
datasets among others;
Participate in regular data verification and quality assessment exercises to assess the quality
of data reported and address any anomalies identified; and
With guidance from the M&E Officer, support capacity-building activities for staff when
b) Scaling Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) Solutions project
The MER Officer will work closely with the M&E Specialist and M&E Officer to achieve project
deliverables. S/he will:
Conduct data collection and reporting using monitoring tools to track project indicators as
per the project M&E framework;
Support in the development of the monthly project progress reports towards the
achievement of project objectives;
Support the project team in the preliminary literature reviews and quantitative and
qualitative analysis of data as needed;
Assist and support fieldwork activities for the project such as data collection, managing
system arising issues, security and workflow, linking questionnaires and providing offline
Support the secondary data collection activities; and
Support the M&E officer in other day-to-day M&E tasks that may arise.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation,
Epidemiology or other relevant fields.
- 2 -4 years of relevant working experience in field-level data collection of quantitative and
qualitative data for M&E, DQAs, health facility assessment and/or research.
- Competencies in using computer packages including MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting quality checks during quantitative and
qualitative data collection and data entry using electronic tools.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data cleaning
and analysis and in drafting reports of M&E and research results.
Preferred demonstrable skills
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation concepts and tools.
- Ability to interpret data and explain findings to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with DHIS2 platform and mobile data collection software.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks and produce reports on time; ability to work
in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment.
- Ability to work independently, virtually and communicate efficiently using virtual
platforms. The present working environment requires most of the work to be conducted
This role requires travel to the project’s implementation countries to carry out the
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal
https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by October 13, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be
contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons