The Lutheran World Federation Kenya – Somalia Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan national for the position of Teacher Coach to be based in Dadaab.
Application deadline: 3rd October, 2021
The incumbent will report directly to Education Officer – Curriculum and Quality or his/her designate.
- Provide trainings for teachers based on needs assessment and data analysis from teacher classroom observations.
- To organize and coordinate school based in-service programmes to upgrade teacher’s knowledge and skills for improved teaching and learning;
- Provide post teacher training support coaching and mentorship, lead teacher’s monthly circles or reflective meetings
- Organize school based and zonal subject panels to facilitate sharing of knowledge, innovations and new trends
- To interpret the curriculum in all subjects to ensure effective teaching and learning; organize workshops/seminars/symposiums to share ideas and further knowledge in subject areas
- Train teachers on the preparation of effective teaching and learning aids and how to organize/display them in the classrooms.
- To observe teachers during classroom instruction, provide feedback and provide model lessons for teachers.
- Train and support teachers in preparation of teacher professional documents like schemes of work, lesson plans, class registers etc.
- To set an example of a presentable role model of a school classroom teacher to the teachers.
Oversight of teacher education interventions
- Oversee the initial training of learning of teachers, as well as their continuous professional development.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to teacher education using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on education activities to the supervisor and senior management, project partners and donors.
- Promote the quality of teacher education activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Education.
- Have a valid Teaching Certificate (Registered with TSC)
- Have served as Primary teacher in refugee set up or in an informal settlement either rural or urban for a minimum period of one (5) years;
- Have successfully undertaken the relevant TPD modules, at least two on EiE
- Demonstrate ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support to r teachers;
- Minimum of 5 years classroom teaching experience and/or teacher coaching and mentorship experience.
- Experience of working in refugee schools or with refugee community in the camp or urban set up.
- Working knowledge and experience in inclusive education and mainstreaming child protection and gender in education
- Knowledge and experience in conducting and managing teacher trainings.
- Basic IT skills such as email, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to use e-learning devices for teaching, data collection, analysis and dissemination
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
Context related skills; knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Experience in working with refugee community.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
Closing date: 3rd October 2021
Qualified and interested?Please apply via