The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is seeking to recruit a human resources officer.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Reporting to the Human Resource& Administration Manager, the Human Resources and Administration Officer is responsible for all aspects of the human resource function within the organization and performs a wide variety of duties focused on human resource management, administrative and office procurement operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and recommend personnel policies and procedures and maintain the Employee HR policies manual in accordance with Kenya labour laws and CIHEB-Kenya policies and procedures
Actively participate in the full-cycle recruitment for all office vacancies including development of job descriptions, placing job advertisements, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, conducting references checks and extending employment offers.
Ensure that all new hires are on boarded appropriately and given access to CIHEB-Kenya policies and procedures and support managers on the orientation of new employees.
Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal setting and organize development activities
Manage all employee relations matters including conflict resolution and disciplinary matters in compliance with local labour laws, CIHEB-Kenya policies in order to meet the standards of a conducive working environment.
Prepare monthly payroll data for payroll change file in collaboration with Human Resource and Admin Manager
Coordinate the administration of benefits by working closely with insurance to manage staff enrolments and terminations, issuance of insurance cards, Schedule periodic insurance benefits orientation for all staff members.
Ensure in all HR practices, there is strict compliance with the policies, labour law and donor requirements. This will include sub grantees compliance.
Minimum Required Qualifications
1) Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or Bachelors Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized institution
2) Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution is a must for those whose Bachelor degree is not in Human Resource Management;
3) Valid Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)Membership
1) A minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position
2) 3 years’ experience in purchasing and supplies management desirable
3) Excellent knowledge of Kenya Labour laws
4) Working knowledge of Human resource information System will be an added advantage
Skills & Attributes:
1) Excellent communication and persuasion skills
2) Team player with strong leadership skills
3) Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
4) High levels of integrity
5) Strong planning and organisational skills
6) Computer skills
7) Immediate availability will be a definite advantage
How to apply
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 24th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER” on the subject line also indicating preferred location. **
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.