Diakonie Emergency Aid (DKH), Regional office Nairobi seek to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the Project Coordinator position for a Multi-sectoral and integrated humanitarian response project with focus on food security and livelihood for conflict and climatic shocks affected vulnerable people and communities in Somalia, South Sudan and Ethiopia.
Application deadline: 19th September, 2021
The project aims to save lives, improve access to basic services and restore living conditions of conflict and climate shock affected and vulnerable people. The project is based on a regional approach, as there are common patterns of humanitarian crisis such as conflict and sudden onset natural disasters in the three target countries. Gender, protection and inclusiveness are mainstreamed; Cash and Voucher assistance programming is the preferred way of rendering assistance. The project is implemented through partners.
Reports to: Regional Director
Tasks of this position (amongst others)
· Manage the regional project with an emphasis on ensuring timely and high-quality achievement of the project outcomes by the respective implementing partners and full compliance with donor and DKH standards and regulations.
· Function as the focal point for the project and bring together the country reports for consolidation and joint reporting to the Head Office for onward submission of the reports to the donor.
· You will be responsible for monitoring of the project progress through monitoring of indicators in collaboration with the DKH country structures and synchronization of achievements of MEAL milestones.
·Ensuring a proper and timely implementation of the project according to approved proposal and log frame and agreed policies and donor requirements.
· Monitoring the overall project progress against master log frame and proposal and ensure, together with the Finance Officer AA and the Regional Controller, compliance with donor and DKH regulations and standards.
· Promoting harmonization of approaches and methodologies across countries, where applicable and possible (f.i. in Cash for Assets activities), by implementing common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning.
· Ensuring, by supervising the Finance Officer AA, overall budget monitoring, financial management and expense control for the project in line with donor rules and guidelines
· Developing a comprehensive MEAL framework for the project (with support of a consultancy), which outlines the monitoring components for each country programme (incl. definition of indicator measurement and data collection approach, allowing data collected disaggregated by gender, age and disability) and assist implementing partners in defining which data is adequate and needs to be collected, enabling measuring project progress and informing project decisions.
·Develop monitoring tools for implementing partners which include cross cutting outputs on protection mainstreaming and gender based actions.
· Capacity building and training the implementing partners (where needed) on accurately tracking of indicators and other project aspects.
· Validate content of reports received by implementing partners through the country offices, and ensure quality of field reports.
· Advise implementing project partners on implementation process and work on standardization of project related processes and development of SOPs**
BA Degree in political or social science, agriculture, or related field
Post graduate qualification in project management or experience of management of large-scale programmes
Minimum 5 years’ field experience in Project coordination/management positions in INGOs managing complex humanitarian projects
Significant exposure and experience of successfully managing and leading consortia or multi-sectoral, complex projects with several partners
Relevant working experience in at least 2 of the project sectors such Protection, Food/Livelihood through CVA, WASH, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
Knowledge of cash transfer programming including practical experiences in implementation or management of CVA activities is a strong advantage
Broad working knowledge and experience of working with German donors (AA, BMZ) is an added advantage
Demonstrated skills in ensuring donor compliance.
Fluent in written and spoken English
Willingness to travel to ‘insecure areas within the constraints DEA security policy
Experience in capacity building skills is an added advantage.
Previous work experience in a hostile environment and certified attendance of a personal security course (HEIST, HEAT, etc.) is an advantage
How to apply
The Diakonie Emergency Aid is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate candidates on any basis. Qualified Female and other minority groups are encouraged to apply. The position is open for internal and external applications.
Qualified candidates to submit their application CV and motivation letter through recruitment.Ken@diakonie-katastrophenhilfe.org latest by Sunday, 19th September 2021.
Indicate “Program Coordinator -AA” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.