PATH, a non profit organisation is seeking to hire a program assistant.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide meeting planning and logistics activities which may include scheduling internal and external meetings, workshops, and other events as necessary, as well as coordinating event-related logistics, maintaining database of project contacts, and drafting meeting notes and coordinating review, distribution, and filing.
- Provide general administrative support to maintain coordinated and organized team logistics. This may include working closely with the Living Labs program team and the project administrator to initiate the procurement process for project activities, the maintenance of a shared team calendar for staff in Kenya, and assist with travel planning arrangements and post-travel reimbursements, including cheque requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Coordinate procurement of both services and supplies and working closely with the procurement and operations team to manage vendors and suppliers.
- In consultation with relevant staff, plan and coordinate the production and distribution of monthly activity reports and other communications materials as requested.
- Maintain the electronic and paper filing systems to ensure information is readily and easily accessible. This will include regular updates of assigned email distribution lists.
- Ensure local and international travel management for assigned programs teams (visa process, flight & hotel booking, cash advance, expense report and follow up.)
- Solicit and track vendor quotes, find quotations for local procurement, prepare documentation (e.g. Purchase Orders, Procurement Request Forms) in accordance with PATH policy.
- Participate in staff meetings, produce minutes for activity meetings and workshops and assist in following up on recommendations or actions.
- Plan and coordinate full range of logistics for workshops, meetings & field work exercises; develop detailed budgets for activities using established formats; manage cash disbursements to meeting, workshop and field work exercise participants as needed; prepare financial reports of workshop, meetings and field work exercises.
- Ensure that Living Labs team transaction requests are submitted following PATH Kenya established processes and procedures.
- Facilitate processing of transactions, liaising with the Finance Officer for processing and generating of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Update activities and documents on online (Box, SharePoint etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of three years of directly related administrative and program support experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic research skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams across diverse background
- Strong organizational skills.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Effective time management.
- Experience working under deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
Qualified and interested?Apply via