Options is seeking a Communications Intern to join our Evidence for Action (E4A) – MamaYe team in Kenya. She/he will support coalitions in Bungoma and Nairobi build and strengthen their advocacy communications aimed at improving maternal and new-born health outcomes.
Application deadline: 6th September, 2021
As Communications Intern, you will contribute to the successful delivery of communications activities in Kenya supporting the work of the Communications Manager, recognising that our communications work often has synergies cutting across Options programmes. You will support in building the capacity of civil society organisations on advocacy communications, including providing inputs to training packages on communications and contribute to the wider delivery of the E4A-MamaYe communications strategy.
You will work closely with the E4A-MamaYe Kenya team to package, communicate and tailor our learning, tools, and products to make these appealing and easy to access by various types of stakeholders including other implementing partners and potential funders. In addition, you will support civil society coalitions in Kenya to gather and package information for strategic advocacy communications, share learning and organise events.
This position is line managed by the E4A MamaYe Communications Manager who will support, mentor and work closely with you to ensure you have the technical and operational support necessary to deliver your objectives. The role will be based in either of Options’ offices in Nairobi or Bungoma, Kenya with remote working arrangements as COVID 19 situation evolves.Person specification:
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience in using social media including Facebook and Twitter in a professional capacity to increase levels of engagement.
- Demonstrable ability to optimise digital communications and levels of audience engagement
- Strong computer skills: facility with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Flare for writing concise, compelling and accurate copy for digital and print for different audiences
- Proactive, strong administration and organisational skills, effectively plans and prioritises own workload and to coordinate content from others
- Team player, including working with teams based in offices across multiple countries with high sensitivity to cultural and social diversity
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 6 September 2021
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.