An exciting role of Programme Funding Manager has arisen in our African regional teams to be based in Nairobi. This role will support countries in Southern, Eastern and Central Africa.
Application deadline: 19th September, 2021
The Programme Funding Team exists within Tearfund as the centre of specialised expertise and skills on the acquisition of Institutional Funding.
The PFM will be responsible for creating and building up networks and consortia with a wide range of parties (including other INGO’s, UN, research groups and the private sector), maintaining relationships with key donors in the region, supporting countries in writing innovative and inspiring proposals as well as continue to build capacity of Tearfund staff and partners in country. Tearfund is increasingly involving research institutes and private sector in it’s proposals as consortium partners, and any experience in this area will be a benefit. Tearfund works both with humanitarian and development donors, and has a strong focus on working with partners.
Applicants must have:
- Experience within the Relief AND Development Sector
- Excellent proposal-writing skills and experience
- You are a natural networker, making contacts easily and spotting opportunities before others
- Experience of training and capacity building; undertaking needs assessment; project design, development and reporting
- A proven ability in securing funding and managing relationships with major institutional donors (such as USAID, DFID, or the European Commission).
- Excellent English language skills are required, and French language skills are desirable
The role will be based in Nairobi; preference will be given to applicants who have the right to live and work in Kenya and a proven track record. In the application please list examples of successful grant acquisition in your application letter.
The role will be offered a gross salary of 6,925,712 KES per annum and a Kenya contract with local terms and conditions.
Applicants must be willing to travel up to 12 weeks a year, and be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
Qualified and interested?Apply by clicking on link below indicated as Apply now.