Give Directly is seeking to recruit a Human Resource Assistant who will be a key member of the Human Resource team. The role is responsible for the day-to-day management of personnel, communications, and policy administration. Your role will be extremely important as you will be developing programs to improve performance, engagement and satisfaction of our employees.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and training of core HR initiatives
- Develop annual work plans for specific HR initiatives e.g. performance management program design
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Assist in the development of policies, guidelines, and tools to support managers throughout an employees life cycle
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities;
- Keep our dynamic HR records well organized and up to date at all times.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Keep abreast with new trends and best practices in the field
- Ensure that HR practices are in compliance with current laws and regulations
- Conduct periodic HR audits, prepare and present reports.
- Minimum 3 years generalist HR experience preferably gained within the NGO sector
- Relevant postgraduate degree in HR or a related field of study is an added advantage
- Member of IHRM
- Prior experience in HR operations and knowledge of best practices
- Familiarity with current employment laws and regulations and their application
- Hands on experience with HR software (HRIS)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in G-suite will be an added advantage
Qualified and interested?Apply via