Applications are invited from interested and qualified persons for the following vacancies in The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Plc.
Application deadline: 21st September, 2021
- LEGAL ASSISTANT – 6 Posts
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/1/3/1114
Reporting to the Legal Officer, in Legal, Regulatory Affairs & Company Secretary Division, the Legal Assistant, will be responsible for handling court process and records management on legal matters concerning the Company.
The key tasks & duties for the position are;
- Receiving and undertaking service of court process.
- Opening court files, maintaining records, printing, photocopying and scanning documents, closing files recommended for closure.
- Filing Company pleadings at the respective court registries.
- Fixing court dates and updating the court and bring-up diaries.
- Undertaking safe custody and retrieval of court files.
- Handling correspondence, acknowledgement of receipt of service of the court process on behalf of the Company.
- Conducting official searches at the lands registry, Companies registry, motor vehicles registry and government printers and attending court registries to peruse court files.
- Registering and collecting legal documents at the relevant registries.
- Preparing and dispatching notices, hearings, mentions and drafting decrees and orders for filing and service.
- Updating legal statutes as required.
- Establish and maintain the company’s filing system to support the company’s record keeping needs and keep the filing system up to date at all times.
- Undertaking research when called upon.
- Diploma in Law from a recognized Institution
- Possess a current Court Process Server Certificate
- Five (5) years’ work experience in a busy and reputable law firm
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or Records Management will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English and good writing skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Strong communication, reporting and negotiation Skills
- Attention to detail
- High levels of Integrity and Ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Drive for results and achievement
- Demonstrable skills in information handling and data organization, including the use of relevant information databases, online services and library
- Strong analytical skills and ability to integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated and strong team player
- Coordination, networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and complete tasks within deadlines
- Flexible approach to range of work and working hours
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should submit their applications online through visiting Kenya Power website on http://www.kplc.co.ke. Attach detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials as well as Clearances from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC). Quote the title of the position you are applying for and include your mobile telephone contact, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees to be received not later than Tuesday, 21st September 2021.
An attractive remuneration package and benefits awaits successful candidates. Appointment to the positions will be on contractual terms for a period of 3 years’ renewable subject to one’s performance and business requirements.