Girls Nit Brides have an exciting opportunity for a Donor Engagement Manager. Based within the Donor Engagement team, you will report to the Head of Donor Engagement and work closely with senior staff including our CEO, our Africa Team and external stakeholders.
Application deadline:10th September, 2021
The successful individual will have wide responsibilities including managing and strengthening relationships with existing and prospective donors and leading related proposals, reporting and grant compliance processes.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced fundraiser with excellent relationship management and written communication skills.
This full-time role (with flexibility) is located in Nairobi, Kenya and the successful candidate must have the right to work in Nairobi, Kenya.
Please note that this is a consultancy position and the appointed individual will be a self-employed person.
Donor relationship management
- Manage deliverables for specific existing and prospective donors – largely government donors and private foundations – including proposal and report writing and grant compliance.
- Build and strengthen relationships with donors, representing Girls Not Brides in meetings and at events, sharing new products and involving them in relevant Girls Not Brides activities.
- Identify and recommend prospective donors for Girls Not Brides through conducting research and analysis and preparing briefings.
Donor meetings and events
- Project-manage donor-related meetings and events, and other opportunities for donor engagement.
- Contribute to the broader work of the Donor Engagement Team
- Track and deliver on action points and commitments related to fundraising, funder relationship management, and maintaining and updating our database and prospect pipeline.
- Commit to the mission and vision of Girls Not Brides, putting these at the forefront of all planning, work and actions.
- Uphold the core values of Girls Not Brides in all areas of work and interactions with colleagues, members, partners and other stakeholders.
- Line manage roles and consultants as necessary, delegating responsibilities and tasks as appropriate.
- Comply with Girls Not Brides policies and processes, with particular note for safeguarding, diversity and inclusion, the code of conduct and data protection.
- Prepare and deliver reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees, as necessary.
- Ensure that internal databases and monitoring information are kept fully up-to-date.
- Commit to ongoing personal development and learning.
- Fulfil any other reasonable requests for the advancement of Girls Not Brides.
- Experience of successful fundraising and donor engagement, preferably within a similar sector.
- Experience of writing successful funding proposals for private foundations and/or governments.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Understanding of charity fundraising and grant management, and knowledge of trends in fundraising and the broader development sector.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write effectively and synthesize information for different audiences.
- Excellent people and relationship management skills, including the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly organised with excellent information management skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to appraise options and adapt plans as required.
Essential values and attributes
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Girls Not Brides including understanding of approaches to empower girls and women and support gender equality.
- Skilled team worker with an inclusive and collaborative approach, in line with Girls Not Brides values.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish.
- Programmatic experience of working on child marriage or broader work on empowerment of girls and women.
Applications for this position will close on September 10, 2021.
Qualified and interested?Please apply via