International Organisation of Migration (IOM) is seeking to recruit an ICT officer who will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the Information Technology component of all IOM operations under the IOM Kenya Country Office.
Application deadline: 6th September, 2021
Specifically, he/she will administer, supervise and prioritize Information Technology Communication (ITC) of IOM operations in Nairobi and field sub-offices, provide application and infrastructure technical support and services to users in area of responsibility (AoR), promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in networking environment (LAN/WAN), direct user support and computer and communication equipment troubleshooting;
- Experience in Windows Server software in a multi-site environment, TCP/IP, MS Office, Antivirus Software, Backup Server Softwares, Active Directory services, Email Exchange, Remote Connections Softwares and IT utilities;
- Experience in Microsoft SQL databases administration will be an advantage;
- Excellent problem solving skills and hand on experience in handling the technical challenges; 5. Experiences of all aspects of the design, development, management, implementation and maintenance of complex IT management systems and technologies;
- Experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of telecommunications and computer information systems, information technology;
- Microsoft system certificate and Cisco network certificates is an advantage;
• Knowledge of the organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy; • Ability to maintain independently the assigned systems and develop innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems;
• Knowledge of IP, VPN, VOIP and LAN/WAN infrastructure;
• Knowledge of NET framework (ASP, VB), SQL and CMS will be an advantage;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 06 September 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.