We are looking for an expert fundraiser consultant who must have deep industry knowledge in mapping and scouting for institutional investors, foundations, and family offices to invest in innovative high-growth startups in Africa.
Application deadline: 30th August, 2021.
In addition to a keen analytical eye and in-depth understanding of startups and investors, landscape-interested emerging markets trends help spot any weaknesses in the business plan before investors do. A successful fundraising consultant will not be afraid to challenge closely-held assumptions or call out weaknesses in the company’s pitch. The ideal candidate will have previous experience advising founders during a fundraiser.
Ideally should be able to:
- Articulate investment strategy and source of competitive advantage.
- Budget and have necessary plans to execute the strategy.
- Sharp in closing deals with persuasive power to provide potential flexibility down the road.
- Scout and compile investor lists in terms of foundations, institutional investors and family offices, separated into buckets based on long-term capital allocation goals.
- Scout and onboard influencers (sports athletes, musicians, and public figures with passion to impact Africa lead high growth startups) with the ability to influence investment decisions
- Prepare for the marketing phase with clear return targets and benchmark metrics.
- Develop an understanding of the existing business (including products/services, customers, competitors, the overall market and trends) through careful research and analysis of all business units
- Understand how major stakeholders are thinking about the company’s direction, generally and in reference to specific initiatives, through interviews with these stakeholders
- Review and refine the company’s sales pitch for the innovative product and pitch deck, providing edits or reworking the materials entirely, as needed
- Work alongside the executive team to define the pitch used in investor meetings; practice the pitch with the executives and help the management team preempt investor questions
- Pressure tests every aspect of the client’s business ahead of fundraising meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred
- Financial management experience with planning, forecasting, and business analysis
- Prior experience as an advisor to or executive at a funded startup, or experience in supporting fundraising initiatives
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills; experience partnering with an executive team
- Experience coaching executives on the delivery of investor pitches.
**NB: Applicants Must visit the following link to apply:
Application Deadline 30th August 2021. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.