Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) , a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems, is seeking to recruit 12 Senior Field Officers in different counties.
Application deadline: 31st August, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prompt arrival at work
• Successfully working in a team and avoiding/minimizing conflicts with the rest of the team members
• Participating in staff trainings and making efforts to improve one’s capacity
• On non-field days: conscientious performance of office work (interview debriefing, financial reporting.
Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
• Interact with facility staff and respondents with the highest level of integrity and understanding
• Assist in daily organization of documents, equipment, and their storage
• Ensure data integrity is always maintained
• Networking with the different components of the project and reporting appropriately
Project and Data Collection Duties
• Conducting backcheck surveys via phone using SurveyCTO
• Conduct sit-ins, spot-checks to ensure highest quality of data
• Hold team briefings to go over logistics, data quality issues, etc.
• Coordinate with FM and FOs to schedule survey appointments
• Assist in management of data collection activities including financial management, data collection progress
tracking, and backchecking
• Assist in screening and surveying respondents using SurveyCTO, as necessary
• Oversee a team of 4-5 Field Officers conducting data collection at health facilities
• Assist FM in developing work plans and carrying these out
• Ensure respondents feel comfortable and safe, and that their confidentiality is protected
• Assist in organizing materials in readiness for field work
• Other tasks as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of diploma with three years’ experience or university degree.
• Proven experience managing a team is desired
• Experience in research activities at community or health facility level
• Excellent oral and written communication in English and Swahili
• Well organized, detail-oriented, excellent listening skills, and comfortable discussing sensitive issues
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good at taking notes and giving feedback on happenings during data collection
• Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Please click the link below to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.