Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) ,a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems, is seeking to recruit 41 Field Officers in different counties
Application deadline: 31st August, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct quantitative surveys with respondents
• Arrive to work promptly and reliably, always setting an example to other members of the team while avoiding
conflicts with the rest of the team.
• Collaborate with other field staff and their manager to improve their own skills.
• Liaise with health facility staff to identify potentially eligible study participants.
• Screening and recruitment of study participants and administering informed consent.
Regularly report any relevant events that affect the study to the RA/FM/SFO
• Taking care of all assigned IPA properties i.e., tablets, chargers etc. and ensure they are in good working
• Communicate arising challenges/ concerns/ emergencies promptly to the RA/FM/SFO for the project to run
its activities efficiently within the stipulated period for the activity.
• Ensure respondents feel comfortable and safe, and that their confidentiality is protected
• Adhere to protocol during all study activities
• Assist in organizing materials in readiness for field work
• Debrief with team after surveys and provide feedback
• Ensure data integrity is always maintained
• Other duties related to project implementation and administrative tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of diploma with three years’ experience or university degree in social sciences is an added
• Experience conducting quantitative data collection
• Experience working in health facilities is an added advantage.
• Well organized, detail-oriented, excellent listening skills, and comfortable discussing sensitive issues
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience in research activities at community or health facility level
• Experience in mobile data collection tools
• Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and Kiswahili with Kikuyu, Meru, Kalenjin, Kisii, Luo and
Maasai speakers preferred.
How to Apply
Please click on the link below to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.