SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty.It seeks to recruit a Project Assistant.
Application deadline: 20th August, 2021.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Implementing project activities in Laikipia county, including planning with the respective actors at the local level, facilitating the implementation and reporting of the project activities mentioned above with specific focus on farmer engagement
- Develop and enhance networks and linkages at the county level along the project’s target value chain. This will include but not limited to the actors mentioned above.
- Facilitate the day-to-day implementation of the project activities (provided above) at the county level including provision of need-based technical assistance / backstopping support to the project beneficiaries, financial facilitation, training the smallholder farmers and any other need-based activities to enhance/strengthen supply, distribution and use of solar powered pumps for use by the small holder farmers in Laikipia County.
- Undertake the field-based monitoring and reporting including collection of the monthly sales data from the project beneficiaries.
- In close consultation with the project team, collaborate with relevant projects, development partners, development initiatives and government bodies (in both energy, agriculture, and water sub-sectors) to enhance implementation of project activities at the county level.
- Contribute towards knowledge development based on project’s experiences and market trends.
Deliverables expected from the Project Assistant
a) Monthly work plans.
b) The achievement of pre-agreed activities and results targets.
c) Monthly progress reports including:
- Narrative reports on activities undertaken, lessons/challenges, market trends and insights (in line with project’s reporting requirements).
- Last mile entrepreneur sales reports and data analysis updated monthly using project reporting templates.
d) Monthly bills and timesheets in line with SNVs billing and time reporting systems and guidelines.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field namely Agriculture, Marketing, Commerce, Business Management or International Trade.
- Three years’ experience in the agribusiness sector.
- Experience in building rural networks and distribution channels will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision, generate project implementation ideas and relevant contacts.
- Excellent communication skills, including proven technical writing and presentation skills.
- Analytical and numerical skills, with ability to synthesize information/data, present results and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
Consulting contract for 18 days/month with possible start date of 1st September, 2021
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button on the link below
and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 20th August 2021, attaching your CV and cover letter indicating names of three (3) referees. All responses should be made in English.