International Organisation of Migration, a leading intergovernmental organisation in charge of migration, is seeking to recruit a laboratory supervisor.
Application deadline: 28th August, 2021.
The laboratory supervisor will be responsible for technical support to laboratory services with respect to Migration Health Assessments (HAP) and other programmes implemented by the IOM Migration Health Department in Dadaab, Kenya
a) University degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline with four years of relevant experience;
Completed High-school Certificate with Technical Diploma in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline from an accredited academic institution with six years of relevant experience.
b) Registered to work as Laboratory Technician with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a mycobacteriology laboratory.
- Effectively applies and transfers relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel and laboratory operations.
- Computer literate with understanding of accurate data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performance.
- Good awareness of the laboratory role in health systems, optimal use of resources for quality and efficient services delivery.
- Supervisory training and/or experience is a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 28.08.2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.