Are you a Kenyan Youth interested in learning about policy? Imara Fellowship would like to be part of your journey.
Application deadline: 3rd September, 2021.
They are inviting you to apply to a one-year exciting fellowship program. Through Imara, you will join a family of shared passions with other young leaders with whom you will share insights, question scenarios and learn from each other.
Through a residential academy, online learning and direct community engagement in counties, Imara takes its fellows through a thorough and rigorous exposition on how to approach leadership in the public sector.
Imara Fellowship is an unpaid fellowship (Fellows recruited are not paid for being part of the program). However, the program takes care of all costs.
To be considered for the Imara Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be between 18 and 35 years of age
2. Be a Kenyan National
3. Be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university
4. Demonstrate desire to serving in or influencing the public sector or service/public affairs
5. Demonstrate commitment, and sustained involvement (For the entire Fellowship period (12 months) that impacts their community, county or country.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of priority):
1. A proven record of leadership, accomplishment and working with the youth in community engagement
2. A demonstrated commitment to positively influence public sector, politics, community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
3. The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
4. Good social and communication skills; must be able to write
5. Proactive attitude;
6. A commitment to remain engaged in the community and counties.
The Fellowship is part-time and structured to allow you to take it alongside any other engagement you are currently pursuing. As such, young Kenyans on full time employment may consider applying.
Youth in public sector are highly encouraged to apply.