The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research.
The Research Capacity Strengthening (RCS) Division at APHRC, through the Breaking Barriers: Enhancing Participation and Quality of Experiences of Women in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics Postgraduate Training Programs and Careers in East Africa study seeks to engage a research assistant to support the data collection and other field research related activities.
Application deadline: 24th August, 2021
Duties & Responsibilities
- Data entry, review and edit to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Collection and collation of research data from different sources like university
websites, internet searches and university databases.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the project.
- Experience in coding data using NVIVO or any other software.
- Experience in transcribing audio recordings for research.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Gender studies, Business Administration or related
- At least two years’ experience preferably in a research setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Swahili.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and an interest in continued knowledge of
technology as it evolves.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a large research team
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the contract.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter and CV
with contacts of three referees by August 24, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
indicate on the subject line of the email “Research Assistant- IDRC women in STEM. We
regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO
ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of vulnerable