HIAS organisation, which protects and supports refugees to build new lives and reunite with family members in safety and freedom, seeks to recruit a Reliever Cook who will support the existing cooks in their responsibilities whenever there is need at the Safe House.
Application deadline: 18th August, 2021
The cook will participate in the preparation and serving of meals at the safe house including the following functions.
· Oversee and participate in the preparation, cooking and serving of well balanced main meals to shelter residents.
· Arrange and direct the appropriate storage of food and supplies
· Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account total population of the safe house
· Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify Head Cook of any deficiencies
· Ensure that high standards of hygiene and health are maintained in the kitchen
· Preparation of kitchen daily consumption reports
· In liaison with the store keeper do requests for the kitchen
· Maintaining safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas;
· Perform any other duties as may be required.**
· A certificate in Hotel and catering management or food and beverage
· Must have a valid medical certificate
· Should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the catering industry
Skills & Competencies:
· Ability to accurately read, measure, convert and follow recipes and assemble ingredients according to cooking standards and recipes.
· Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team to ensure deadlines, goals and objectives are met.
· Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
· Ability to work under pressure; Night shifts, Weekends and public holidays.
· Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place.
· Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, frying, roasting and steaming.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Vacancy Number HRTK/RC/08/2021 on the subject line.
Closing Date: 18th August, 2021 5.00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.