Give Directly, an NGO, is seeking to recruit a Program Manager who will own the overall enrollment process for a specific program (or programs), including driving & tracking performance of field & call center teams; achieving targets; building a culture of mentorship and professional development; and identifying opportunities for risk mitigation and process improvement.
The Program Manager will serve as the key “eyes and ears’ resource on the ground for the Senior Manager and will be responsible for regularly synthesizing updates on operational health. The role will have significant responsibility and a high degree of autonomy in creating and managing a large team.
Project Management. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of designated programs:
- Set and own quantifiable targets like households enrolled, households followed up and operational efficiency.
- Drive operational excellence, while managing against key risks like fraud, quality or government interference.
- Serve as the organization’s engine for continuous improvement of the enrollment process and recipient experience.
Vision & Critical Thinking. You will be expected to be a strong contributor to the overall vision of the country office and proactively engage in country problem-solving as a peer:
- Conceive, develop and test new protocols and methods prior to overseeing scale up.
- Anticipate areas of risk and create mitigation plans (e.g. coordination on complex research partnership, political instability, slow-downs from pilots, etc.).
People Management. You are expected to oversee a performance-oriented culture within your team (your reports and their reports), with all staff receiving feedback and development opportunities to achieve their potential:
- Hire, train and manage a team of at least 20 staff
- Run performance reviews for direct reports and build their capacity to do the same.
- Identify and coach high-potential field staff to grow on a quick promotion trajectory.
- Identify gaps in the org chart and propose solutions to the Senior Manager & Country Director.
Data and Analysis. You are expected to be comfortable using data to track performance, and inform decision-making, and to quickly build expertise within GD’s standard beneficiary data management and survey tools.
- Participate in new projects scoping, lead survey creation and updates for new and existing projects
- Guide and support reports on data inquiries, skill development, and data analysis
- Work effectively with GD’s global data team (framing needs and expectations, and holding self and others accountable to agreed timelines).
- Meets the GD “bar” for online communication responsiveness (slack, email, phone).
- Present effectively to the management team (focusing on key insights, etc.)
- Build relationships with government and other stakeholders that protect and advance GD’s work, under guidance of the Government Relations Manager.
- Communicate concisely and clearly across a variety of forms (written, presenting, verbal)
- Sets a strong example to other staff in appropriate management of GD resources
- Identifies and proposes fixes for potential fraud loopholes
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated success in a high-performance work environment
- Strong interest in advancing the values and mission of GiveDirectly
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- At least 3-4 years of middle level management experience, preferably managing managers.
- Excitement about owning challenging management tasks, including mentoring and motivating direct reports and the broader field team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed manner, while effectively communicating upwardly about gaps and risks
- Ability to manage day-to-day operations while simultaneously building more robust, efficient systems.
- Experienced in new projects’ development and managing launches is an added advantage
Qualified and interested?Apply via