Kemri Welcome Trust is seeking to recruit a Research Officer.
Application deadline: 25th August, 2021
- Coordination, operation and maintenance of the Next Generation Sequencing facility and Malaria qPCR service.
- Maintain a robust stock control and grant billing system to ensure stock-outs are minimised and budgets remain balanced.
- Ensure all equipment are fully maintained and operational.
- Work closely with senior scientists to develop sequencing assays.
- Develop and maintain SOPs and other controlled documentation.
- Maintain clear and accurate records and results.
- Coordinate a Sanger sequencing service with 3rd party providers, including sample shipment and payments.
- Provide a clean and safe working environment for laboratory staff.
- Monitor and maintain relevant GCLP procedures and standards in order to deliver a quality service at all times.
- A laboratory based MSc in a relevant subject, e.g. Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, evolution, genetics.
- At least 3 years of research experience in a Medical Research Laboratory.
- Knowledge of GCLPs, QMS and other relevant best practices and standards.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing, operating and maintaining Quality Assurance & Quality Control systems including; Internal Quality Control and External Quality Assurance (EQA) Schemes
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications and Bioinformatics software.
- Significant hands-on experience in Next Generation Sequencing, particularly utilising the Illumina MiSeq platform.
- Significant experience in performing quantitative PCR assays.
- Strong budgeting and stock management skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting molecular assays and equipment and working with Service Providers, when required, to provide rapid solutions that ensure minimum downtime.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Teamwork and ability to work with diverse teams
- Strong Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Strong team coordination and Supervisory skills.
Reference Number: RO110821Employment Type: Full timeCategory: BioscienceJob Grade: 7.01Country: KenyaLocation: Kilifi
To apply for this post you must be a registered user on the portal below:
Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
The application closing date is 25 August, 2021.