HFC Limited, an integrated property and financial solutions provider has an exciting opportunity in their Credit Division. They are seeking for a talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Application deadline:26th August, 2021
Overall Job Purpose
The Recoveries Officer will be responsible for management, review, monitoring and implementation of recoveries action plans and strategies on assigned non-performing portfolio to maximise loan recoveries through direct recoveries, viable restructuring, negotiating workouts or realization of securities.
- Manage debt portfolio through constant customer engagement via emails, telephone calls and prompt issuances of demands and notices to ensure timely recovery and prevent deterioration of loan arrears in order to maximize recoveries, reduce provisions and reduce ultimate losses and costs to the Bank.
- Diligently review each account in the assigned portfolio against provided parameters and profile portfolio to facilitate prioritization of follow up and remedial product offerings.
- Evaluate, negotiate, recommend, implement and monitor work out and recovery strategies approved by the bank management, including legal action, debt settlements and disposal of securities at the best realizable values through private sale and public auction.
- For cases in court, ensuring the relevant evidence in support of the Bank’s cases is properly documented and shared with the key stakeholders in good time, ahead of court appearances. Representing the Bank as a witness as and when required.
- Liaising with various stakeholders to ensure receipt of progress reports and enable realization of recovery targets and ultimately to enhance the good book.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A business related degree from a reputable
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a bank or financial services institution in a similar role.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Legislative knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good understanding of the Bank’s processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated good planning and organisation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player and have integrity.