PATH , a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity is seeking to recruit an IT Officer who will be responsible for providing effective and efficient technical and administrative support to enable the smooth functioning of PATH Kenya, Nairobi Office.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Technical Support
- Provide support for day-to-day office IT operations and management of IT systems in place (PABX, Biometric access system, Audio Visual system, CCTV, ISP etc.)
- Responsible for new laptop setup, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Periodic maintenance of IT equipment and coordinate with external vendors when applicable and overseeing overall equipment maintenance.
- Liaising with Service providers and IT vendors for technical support and escalations
- Assist in local area network (LAN) setup, management and troubleshooting.
- Performing operating system upgrades by installing software patches when necessary
- Basic Active Directory administration
- Setup new users as well as carrying out IT onboardings and trainings.
- Liaise with the Regional Systems Administrator and /or International IT Team for support and escalations.
- Conduct periodic IT audits for compliance purposes.
- Work with global IT team in rolling out Global technical solutions and tools.
- Proactively monitor ICT systems and troubleshoot any incidences affecting service availability and reliability.
- Custodian of specific software licenses for the Kenya office and ensuring they are renewed annually.
- Assist in maintaining ICT inventory log of all hardware and tracking hardware needs projections for planning purposes.
- Ensure users are fully signed out of all equipment received and returned.
- In-charge of communication systems; telephones, mail and courier services
- Oversee management of telephone expenses by use of telephone codes.
- Maintain day to day system operations and other functions as assigned by the Site Administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science or any related field.
- CompTIA A+, N+, or CCNA certification an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of work experience in Information Systems implementation and network infrastructure support and maintenance.
- End user support experience including hardware and software experience setup, installation and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft PC operating systems, Office 365, Windows Server Administration and networking technologies, such as VPN, firewalls, and various LAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of Meraki.
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
Qualified and interested?Apply via