Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join the team as The Head of Human Resources, Admin & IT. The Head of HR, Admin & IT in his/her capacity is responsible for managing the human resource, administration and IT functions of the Country Office and the direction, supervision, capacity-building and evaluation of staff, in both emergency and development settings.
Application deadline: 31st August, 2021.
Qualification and Experience
- Recommended a minimum of 7 years of management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development and implementation of strategic and operational HR and/or Administration plans through a number of planning cycles.
- Post-Graduate qualifications in Personnel Management or Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in Human Resources.
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Similar skills in Kiswahili and other local languages an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to Save the Children’s field offices and operational areas on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead during through periods of change.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, delegate, coach and mentor both individuals and teams.
- Analytical, with demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Team building skills
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.