KEMRI Welcome Trust is seeking to hire a Grant Accountant whose role is responsible for ensuring financial resources are disbursed, accounted and reported efficiently.
Application deadline: 25th August, 2021.
- In charge of preparing timely management reports internally
- Ensuring that standard accounting procedures are followed in preparing the financial reports & that any SOPS in place are followed
- Verifying that all transactions are properly authorized, documented, and ensuring that accounting transactions are posted to the correct ledgers/account codes
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations monthly to be reviewed by the Head of Finance
- Setting up new grants in the accounting database
- Supervising weekly cash counts and periodic stock takes
- Preparing Grant Reports for Donors and ensuring these go out in accordance with deadlines, and with all the correct supplementary backing information required
- Meeting with PIs and other unit staff to discuss finance matters and advise on procedures
- Check and review coding of transaction before posting to accounting system
- Check and review supplier payments as necessary
- Prepare bank reconciliations if required
- Analyze income & costs for specific queries
- Monthly variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Preparation of the CORE payroll
- Checking the KWP payroll, Supplement and Locum payrolls.
- Other tasks that may reasonably be required of the post holder.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, Finance or in a relevant field; Masters Degree is an added advantage
- CPA (K) Qualified accountant and registered member of ICPAK.
- Minimum four (4) years relevant experience; One(1) year supervisory experience an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in computerized Grants accounting systems;
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and their applicability.
- Knowledge of Tax Laws and Company’s Act.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Basic analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Team working and ability to work in diverse teams
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail.
Reference Number: ACC110821
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Accountancy and FinanceJob Grade: 6.01
To apply for this post you must be a registered user in the portal below:
Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.